Tuesday, August 5, 2008

minori + brainstorming wedding accessory ideas!

written last week, friday morning prior to florist appt on august 1st:

This month I have to look for shoes so I can finalize the color and style and I am thinking of looking at more stores for a bridal style necklace and earring set. I may try to look at the mall today while we're out there if we have time and Jimmy feels like it.


I'm not sure that I want to stick with the necklaces I showed previously- a few entries prior to this- and its important I decide what Im going with so that all the accessories such as shoes and all the colors can match.


As much as the gold is pretty, I kind of prefer a silver with crystal style stone or rhinestone variety because in my everyday life, I never wear gold and haven't since I was maybe 16 yrs old. Ive always preferred silver, white gold or platinum in general.


Last month, I saw some very cute bridal style jewelry at etsy.com which is a place people make their own jewelry and sell them- Im sure most do it as a hobby and there are some really pretty and vintage styles but Im hesitant on going with that only because you cant see how it looks on you before you buy it and I don't know how good the material is, I wouldn't want the necklace to break.


These were some necklace styles I found on etsy that I thought really pretty and unique [not all of them would fit my wedding though. but are definitely styles Id like to wear in real life]



[i love the below one but more for my everyday style, not for the wedding. i just thought its really unique and this designer seems to use asian and japanese design a lot which is something i really love]


minori

minori


Minori in Japanese means village of beautiful fields.

Lovely, vintage necklace handmade with vintage brass bird charms, rare and hard to find 18x13mm flower glass cab from Japan set on vintage brass pendant setting suspended from a strand of rare vintage brass chain and clasp 7" in length. I've got the last few of these flower cabs. This is why this item is now on Limited Editions.

SALE 30 PERCENT OFF - lilies vintage necklace

SALE 30 PERCENT OFF - lilies vintage necklace

Description:
Lovely, vintage necklace handmade of orange lucite flower beads embellished with vermeil beads wire wrapped in antique brass fancy ball head pins suspended from a strand of soft and feminine vintage brass chain 17" in length accented with a vintage brass bird charm. Absolutely, gorgeous. Looks fab with anything! Original design and handmade by Portobello listed on 05/27/08



+++++++++++


the above jeweler is named Portobello, and u should see her other designs they are so cute. so i'll leave you with her store link. there are many amazing designers on this website. it makes me wish i could learn to make unique crafty jewelry and sell mine, too. it looks like a lot of fun. etsy is a really up and coming website featuring artsy and creative people who make things esp jewelry- its grown very popular :)


here's that girl's store link:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5210893


These are the ones off Davids Bridal's Website that I love most- these are the styles I originally wanted with my wedding gown but its hard to find a store that carries a lot of these where you can actually go in, try it on without having to ask to look behind a case or being pressured to buy, or watched like a hawk by sales ladies.

They look well-constructed [for inexpensive fashion jewelry] I know it is not fine jewelry and not meant to be perfect but I do not want something that will fall apart on my wedding day - I want to avoid shoddy jewelry or flimsy pieces that are fragile.

I am thinking if we have time we might stop by david's bridal in the area and look at these so I could maybe buy my necklace so I could work on planning the rest of the colors of my access. and so on.
If I went with one of these necklaces then Jenni and shannon wouldn't have to remove the clip on your dress cos it would match. Just another reason why I am leaning more towards this direction!

For now, here are the designs I like Most to give u an idea:



Accessory Style 2167


Accessory Style TN-2465


Accessory Style se11310


Accessory Style NE14-7220

Accessory Style NE5116SILVER

(end)

No comments: