Monday, August 18, 2008

touch aveda salon & spa is the clear winner!

To: Jenni
Subject: we like touch salon & spa and have phone appt on saturday for more info!
Date: Thursday, August 14, 2008 2:11 AM

Hi Jenni,

I just wanted to let you know that we've called the top three salon places in the list I sent you earlier. After speaking with Michelle at Touch Salon & Spa, the one you got the flyer info for me, we felt that salon seemed to offer the best and was most attentive, seemed experienced in working with weddings whereas the other ones seemed to not offer much information.
The woman at Touch actually took the time to get some of the basics of our wedding, date of wedding and time we had to be at the chapel on wedding day and all the details such as how many bridesmaids would be there and so on. We explained to her that the bridesmaids only want updos and nothing else. It was suggested I get my hair trimmed, colored and have my brows done a week before the wedding by every salon we called so thats probably what I will do.

They do offer a trial run of makeup and updo which is what I definitely wanted for myself. I think she mentioned it costs extra but for me, its a must that I have a trial run. She said the bridesmaids didnt have to do a trial run and that most didn't but I kind of already knew that. I didn't expect you or Shannon to do that. It was me who wanted that.
Mainly I want the trial run/practice because I dont know what condition my hair is in [i have split ends] and what formal updo would look best with my hair texture and my face shape esp when I am adding a tiara and veil. I think it would be helpful to have a hairstylist who knows what might look best on me, so that is why I wanted a practice before deciding on a style and the same with my makeup- I want a chance to try the makeup colors and makeup looks before deciding on a final look for myself, but I think more than likely I will show them pictures of makeup styles that Ive worn in the past in my own personal pix because I do want to look like myself and pretty much have the makeup styled how I would do it. Mainly what Im paying for in getting the makeup done by a salon is the expert touch of someone doing it for me perfectly and with a steady hand. I just want my eyeliner put on by someone so it doesnt look crooked or all smeared because I'm not the most coordinated or good with straight lines and making my eyes look even. I have a tendency to mess up or not be able to make both eyes match each other perfectly.

And the other huge reason why I've decided to get my makeup professionally done is that I want someone who can make my skin look better, more balanced [i have very blotchy problematic skin and dry patches]. I think a makeup artist could make my skin look flawless and more balanced with the right foundation and concealer and products that I don't really own and are probably more expensive than I can afford. I don't have any good foundation/concealer or what makeup artists use and that is one of the biggest appeals to having my makeup done by a professional.

Anyway, we have arranged a time where we could talk to the woman at Touch Salon further about prices and about putting together a customized wedding pkg for me with a price quote. She would also be able to give a price quote for the bridesmaid updo's. She set up a phone consultation appt for Saturday afternoon , as she said she'd have more time to go over all the information we need to know and answer any other questions we may have as well as give an idea when we should be there on the wedding day [what time] and all other pertinent information and then if we decide to go with this salon, we'd probably have an in-person consultation appt set up in the future.

I will let you know what happens if we do decide to go with this salon. The good thing is that it's near the area you live. I think this might be the salon we choose if it isnt too expensive for us. Jimmy felt like the woman was really helpful too and attentive to our needs, willing to work with us and eager to make everyone happy. [the other salons we called seemed impersonal and less friendly] Hopefully it all works out for the best. Thanks again for suggesting it to me and sending me the information. :)

Love,
April

From Jenni:
That would be cool. If Shannon wants to go with them also. I am happy that they are open that day. I am cool, with going there.

The great thing is, if you like them and choose them. That it is by my house, so once we get our hair done, we can come back here and have something to eat, or whatever, and calm down before we have to head out to the church and stuff.

I assume the church/chapel has a place to get dressed, but if you wanted to get dressed here, we could do that. And, head over in the truck. Or take the dresses and get dressed there. I hope that made sense. Anyway, if we all go to the same salon, that would be convenient. Since Shannon doesn’t live here, it is probably easier for her to go wherever we go.

- Jenni

Secured appts with Touch Spa & salon, all details and reply to ur email!

Jenni, I did have the phone consultation with Michelle at Touch salon and spa on saturday. she didnt ask for any deposits and gave discounts for each thing i am doing and for everyone else involved so it worked out nicely and the dates are booked. Just thought I'd give you a heads up. this is what we came up with [some of this info isnt relevant for you, my appts with the salon are more involved than yours becos of being the bride but i still thought id share with you what pkg deal ive worked out for myself with them :D

so this will be it: November 15th saturday- consulation with anna about cut and color and tentative updo for wedding. will have cut, color, and brow waxing that day at 3:30pm. it will cost approx. $160 for all that i need to get done that day but she will give me twenty dollars off so it will be about 140. I feel its reasonable but its mostly because I never go to salons or treat myself to a professional cut or color ever and its been over ten yrs since I have so I feel I deserve this. also jimmy gets his hair cut every month and though its cheap where he goes, it still adds up. he spends more on his hair than i ever do. it isnt over-the-top in price because i feel i do not do anything luxurious for myself and havent in this entire relationship. jimmy felt the price was good enough and was ok with it - i think he knows its once in a lifetime and not anymore expensive than the other four salons we investigated.

November 22nd- saturday- at 3pm, I will have my trial run of the actual wedding updo where u bring your tiara to have a practice session and also do a trial on wedding day makeup. that costs $135 but she is giving me twenty dollars off on that as well so in total it will be $115 after discount. Neither of these two appts I shared with you involve you but I just thought Id share with you and give you an idea what they are charging me for being the bride and all the services that are included.

And then finally, on the wedding day, November 28th Friday - she recommends we have our appts [me the bride, you the matron of honor and shannon bridesmaid] at approx. 1pm. she says we only need about 2 to 2 and half hours to do everything and to be able to leave by 3:30pm and make it to the church by four pm.

So, anyway for a simple updo the Touch salon woman Michelle said these cost $65 [it is 105 if u get your makeup done with the Updo and she offered twenty dollars off of that price for both you and shannon BUT I told her that you and shannon didnt want that and would do your own makeup. So the price is a little less without.] She will give both you and shannon 20 dollars off the 65 charge for the Updo.

Note that we need to be at the chapel by four pm at the latest accdg to Jimmy. As far as we know the photographer recommends we are ready for photographs by 5pm, if it changes I will let you know. the photographer we hired recommended pix around 5pm because we want pix before sunset when there is still sunlight and our ceremony isnt til 6:30pm when it will be dark out already since its Fall and at the end of Nov.!

The photographer also said he will take us to the beach nearby for some scenic type pix before sunset since we both wanted something sort of romantic. I dont know if this is the main wedding party or just bride/groom. But both Jimmy and love the idea and saw some of their work where they did this in the past, their beach photography and we agree we think it would be beautiful and special so we've elected to do this.

We can discuss next time we are in person more of these details and if you want to stop at your house after the salon before the chapel, IF you think we have enough time to make it to palm harbor and all.

I plan to get dressed at the chapel as my dress is very very formal and I don't want it wrinkled or the discomfort of having to wear it during the long drive to the chapel, id just rather get dressed at the church and have you and shannon help me get the dress on as it's not a dress I can put on by myself esp the top part of it. I need someone to help lace up the back, it is intricate and fix the train and all that for me :)

Btw, when given a tour of the palm harbor chapel, we were taken to a huge room within the chapel, its either in the back or upstairs but its a huge room for the entire bridal party to get dressed with mirrors and adequate place to get ready. It looks just like a bride room and very nice. Trust me, u may want to get ready there and do all final touches in the dressing room at the church :)

Anyway this is all for now, I just wanted to get you up to date on the salon!! Hope you are great.

Love and hugs,
April

No comments: