Tuesday, November 11, 2008

People Are People.


Diversity is the sometimes painful awareness that other people, other races, other voices, other habits of mind, have as much integrity of being, as much claim on the world as you do. And I urge you, amid all the differences present to the eye and mind, to reach out to create the bond that... will protect us all. We are meant to be here together.




William M. Chase, 1849-1916


American Artist and Teacher

Keith Olbermann's Countdown show with special comment/ speech earlier tonight was just phenomenal, he got all choked up expressing his feelings and in turn I did as well. It was extremely passionate, emotional, and something I too fiercely believe in.

I felt like everything he stated in this is at the core of what I truly believe in. Love is abstract and about the soul, nothing more. Love is Love.


No one has a right [not church, state, or government] to tell any of us who to love. It's not a matter of sex, race, class, or sexual orientation.

Love is unconditional. And every human has the right to love as they choose to do so. I can't say it any better than Keith's heartfelt speech which is NOT to be missed which is why I share it here.


I do not believe in oppression of any kind. At the core of my heart and soul, I believe in the principles Keith SO passionately subscribes to and I truly see myself as someone who thinks and feels very much like Olbermann- I am a humanitarian just like this--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVUecPhQPqY




Afternote and After-thoughts on above:


When Keith Olbermann is moving, he is tremendously inspiring to a point of tears and almost mere breathlessness and when he is sarcastic he is absolutely hilarious and so right-on, that the laughter feels incredibly cathartic.

This was one of the most poignant speeches Ive heard by him, other than ones connected to the loss of lives and tragedy of 9/11 which I still remember to this day, being transfixed to the screen because what he said was so real and so incredibly moving to heart and soul.

These last few months Ive grown addicted and live to hear his show, his commentary, take on things nightly. This is because it is so in line with what I believe and the way I believe. I feel such admiration for he aspires what I aspire to be and is unafraid of speaking out even if it is One voice, alone.

How incredibly noble and brave.

And, what a beautiful soul.

+++


Do people not get that Hate does not equal Love and it certainly is rather hypocritical from the Religious right to condemn? "Do Unto Others As You Would Do Unto Yourself"..."Love your neighbor as Yourself."

Anyone with a solid foundation in organized religion would recall and recognize that the idea that God loves all, is consistently woven in and out of the bible and is at the root of every story, main idea, lesson and testament of the very bible that these ignorant people continue to preach. Since when is spreading hate, ignorance and lies god-like. It is sad that some can be so obviously blind and brain-washed.

That will NEVER be me.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHxGXeyXNnA


I love this Depeche Mode song which takes me back to high school and 16 yrs old. I was a huge DM fan, had everything by them, saw them in concert as a teenager way back when.

I couldn't help but hear this song in my head as I was listening to Olbermann tonight. The core message in Depeche Mode's song really is much like Keith's message tonight.

No comments: