Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Wedding Dilemma (oh no, wedding band is too big!)

IMG_3653 by you.


guess what? i lost so much weight, it looks like my wedding band is now too big and just falls off my finger. i can barely wear the engagement ring without it moving like its going to fall off but the wedding band is way more loose. don't know if i can do anything. i could wing it for wedding day but worry i could lose it on honeymoon in jamaica if it falls off cos it doesnt fit and ive lost apparent weight. even the alteration lady said you are so tiny, last nite and gathered the fabric of my gown around waist and hips saying she could really see that i had lost substantial weight since i had bought the gown and been measured. i'm glad for weight loss and want to keep it off but what do i do about wedding band being too big? sigh..the wedding dilemmas never end!!

so now this is my latest wedding stressor and worry!!

anyone have any advice or tips? help?!

+++

[note: my engagement ring is a 3.5 and had to be cut that small because i have tiny fingers/ hands in general. the wedding band itself was custom made to a size 4. it was made half a size bigger because when wearing a wider band [this band is considerably wider than the engagement ring i have which is fairly thin], you must always go up a little as it tends to fit more snug than thinner band styles]


so, when i ordered and got the ring after custom made several months ago, it did fit and quite perfectly but i hadn't lost any weight back then. at the end of oct, i had severe stomach pain and sickness that landed me in the ER- it completely altered my metabolism and was stress related. i quit coca cola soda right then. and i haven't gone back. i replaced with gingerale for the soda fix and alternate b/t this and gatorade or water. its been close to two months but not quite, since i ended up in the ER and changed my way of eating [i avoid trigger foods and have cut down drastically on dairy intake which triggers IBS and is my weakness in general- i love sour cream and creamy soups a lot and would often get extra mayo on every sandwich i ate--- but my stomach is unable to digest it and it often makes me sick.]


so, i have limited the amount that i allow myself to have in terms of dairy. i havent given it up completely but i've cut down. i try to have the dairy foods i love, only once a week, whereas before it was everyday or as often as i could possibly have it. this may be partially responsible for my weight loss.


i emailed my father earlier in the nite, to also ask his advice since he was once a jeweler and had a jewelry business [most of my childhood, teenage yrs and adult life] to see what he might suggest. he pretty much suggested what all of my noters suggested which was to get a ring guard so that the ring would properly fit without ruining it or having to alter the size. so, i guess this is what i will do.


+++

ps my fiance and dad both think i shouldn't get the ring resized to a smaller size because they think if i gain a pound or two it will be too tight and then i will be in trouble. while i understand why they may think that, i don't think i will gain enough weight to change in size. i would have to gain all the weight back in order to go up in size. a pound or two would not change my ring size at this point.

i lost enough weight [approx ten pounds] that my ring size isnt just going to go back to what it was and its obvious in all parts of my body.

i know this because i know my body and have been thru this sort of weight loss only less than 10 yrs ago and this weight loss is identical to the effects of that weight loss back then. it was also gradual but surprising in that i went down a few sizes in a matter of months. its identical in that i changed my diet in a very similar way and gave up soda [coke].

i know that if i keep my diet as is [which i intend to do] my weight should consistently stay at where i am at right now which is currently is b/t 98 and 99 pounds.

from past experience, once i changed my diet and gave up soda, lost weight, i stayed that same weight w/o gaining back for over five years straight. my body is predictable and once at a certain weight [under 100], it seems to stay there. its pretty consistent. so, i don't know.

i feel if the ring is still too big after the wedding/honeymoon, or by the new year- i should get it resized to a smaller size.

i am of course willing to get a professional opinion from the jewelry store manager and see if they agree once they see the ring on my finger and see how it is way bigger than my finger was only two mos ago.

jimmy doesn't believe weight loss like mine can make your finger smaller. but i beg to differ! i have been thru this before and i know my body like the back of my hand!

i think he doesnt know the first thing about weight loss or being a woman because i have seen my finger size change and even my shoe size change to a smaller size due to weight loss in my past. it did happen to me previously which is evidence that the same thing has happened again. he was trying to say that that doesn't happen and didn't want to believe me when i said, but it DID happen to me before and it is probable!

i know it does happen. i lost almost ten pounds and i was only a little over one hundred pounds. i am only five foot and am petite + small boned. it isn't my imagination!!


i think by all accounts - losing weight in fingers [its called water weight] is rational if not logical. i got irritated trying to prove to him that yes i have lost weight in my fingers and told him he was ridiculous when he refused to believe it had happened.

MEN!

sigh.

what-ev !

No comments: