Thursday, November 6, 2008

A New Day Dawning


Initial thoughts, jotted notes of excitement and inspiration after watching the 2008 American Presidential Election take place last night. I used this condensed summary of feeling and thought to write the entry previous to this.

I was so inspired, moved and thrilled that at first I was almost unable to come up with the words. If you've ever been speechless due to something so wonderful and awe inspiring- watching walls come down and history being made right before your very eyes, then surely you will understand this.

My notes:


//Barack Obama//


44th president of United States of America

Amazing + Powerful

Transformative + Moving

Beautiful speech

Let's celebrate and Rise from the Ashes, America!

What a surreal, dream like, miraculous moment!

So euphoric much like New Year's Eve, it feels something like the New Year!

The Rebirth of Cool.

A new day is dawning, indeed!











While we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism and doubt and those who tell us we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people: Yes We Can.


Barack Obama

President-Elect of the United States of America

More 'Hope' Quotes


(With every best wish to America's next president.)


Remember This One?


"Fear less, hope more;

Whine less, breathe more;

Talk less, say more;

Hate less, love more;

And all good things are yours."

- Swedish Proverb




I sent what I wrote on the election to both my parents, brother and fiance via email.



These were the replies I got today thus far.


From Mom-

I enjoyed reading your letter and how involved and excited you are. We tried getting you excited before but you were not interested. It took a loved one like Jimmy to get you into it. We watched it till one am and it was very exciting. I have to admit seeing Grant Park made it more meaningful. It almost felt like we were there.

Your dad is always politically involved and made me one too. I am proud to say that we have the same feelings when it comes to that. I am happy that we are not against each other like some couples I heard.


I am going to work with the hope and enthusiasm that you have infused into me. Yes, things are looking up for the better and with God's help America will continue to be great and beautiful.


Love,

Mom

From Dad-

Your mom and I stayed up til after midnight watching it. I have WGN so I was also watching what was going on in Grant park.

dad


From my brother - one closest to me who resides in SF:

It is amazing! People here were so excited that there was cheering everywhere when he won. On Mike's street people came out of bars and of their homes to celebrate. So many people that they closed down the street and there was a huge street party. It really is amazing!


From Jimmy [my fiance]-

Hi, babe. This is an outstanding piece of writing! It almost brought tears to my eyes again. It felt so good waking up knowing that we are finally going to have a President that cares about us. Everybody around here seems to be in good spirits, too. I really hope that Obama comes through and gets us out of this mess as much as he can, which would hopefully solidify his chances of winning again in 2012. The last thing I want after this four years is another Republican in office, like Bloomberg (the mayor of NY), Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee or Sarah Palin (God forbid). I feel that the tide is changing and next election there will be even more young voters that are open-minded and will be inspired to change the world.


I was in the middle of writing this and got interrupted, so I'm just replying now. I have a bunch of things going on today as registration is starting tomorrow and have to get back to it. Hope you have a good day and I'll see you in a few hours!


Love,
Jimmy

+++

(jimmy after attending Obama's May 2008 rally right here in tampa. i took this of him with his new shirt at the time, it is sure moving to heart when looking back since we've been invested in this political race from day ONE!)


IMG_2745 by you.



ba- rock n' roll obama by you.


these are some personal pix from my own cAmera which jimmy took at the rally as well [i was not with him]

IMG_2738 by you.



Barack Obama in Tampa by you.



IMG_2736-1 by you.







No comments: