Tuesday, June 3, 2008

househunting [sand key lane in wesley chapel]

this entry and the next entry are a tie between two fabulous, beautiful artsy style homes we loved as second best. i will post one of these now in this entry and the other next. we are most likely putting down a bid on the following entry home. and on the last one i will share which is called stonearch but that will be a few entries down the road.

right now, this is prob our third fave home out of the best five weve chosen and also from our most recent outing!!

check it out: the limitation is its a gas home which jenni discussed with me in a few quick email notes reassuring me it should not be a big deal if u loved the home.

that said, read on and view pix! :)

one of my faves of all. we wish it didnt have only GAS appliances. otherwise we'd love it as one of our top considerations. if we could change gas to electric it would be one we might considering to buy. its a gorgeous beautiful home and has a lot of what i want in a home.

i wrote my friend jenni about the gas appliances and our skepticism and she wrote this back about the home and about how little it was an issue [i later shared this with jimmy but dont know if it was enough to convince him. i am way more opposed to gas appliances than him but she almost had me convinced - anyway she wrote this. :

sand key lane- wesley chapel 6009
Gas really isn’t that bad. It really is a big money saver. I had to switch over to a gas stove in this house. I am fine with it. It actually seems to work a little faster than electric. I wish now, that I had opted for the gas dryer instead of the electric one.

I had no idea you had gas or it was easy. We had old gas stoves in chicago and i could never use it, i always burned myself and cant do matches, i start a fire or it burns my nails when i try to do it so thats my main fear and also worried it will smell funny as in the chicago apt it had a sickly smell that made me nauseaus and i always smelled it but maybe more modern homes have modern gas and it isnt that way? anyway thanks for sharing, its helpful and i forwarded it to jimmy as he was worried about it too and loved that house but was worried about the gas component of it. i also had no idea it saved money which might have appeal to jimmy :)


I was really surprised also. I was SO against gas in the first place, because of open flame and lighting the stove.

Newer gas ranges have an igniter (not positive of name), so you don’t need matches. But, if your power goes out, you can light it with a match if you needed to. My sis-in-law had a gas stove in her house when we were building our house, so I asked her how to work it. She showed me, and it was really easy. I bet if you were going to buy their house, the homeowners would show you how their stove works. If it has gas for the dryer, you don’t need to do anything. And, gas water heaters are supposed to be better than electric, aside from energy efficiency, they supposedly keep the water warmer longer, or something. That is a little beyond what I know as far as details, but it hasn’t hindered our use of hot water.

general information on home:

subdivision: Wesley Pointe Phases 2 & 3

built: 2003

3 bedroom/ 2 bathroom

One story, Single Family Home

Water: View/Pond

Square Feet: 1158

Total Acreage: Up to 10889 Sq. Ft.

selling price: $149,900 ; taxes: $1,299; HOA fees 180.00 [yearly] Gated community

extras: cathedral vaulted ceiling; walk in closet, garden bath, tub w/shower, pantry, patio/porch with sliding doors; two car garage with door opener.



and here are the pix:


exterior/driveway


walkway to front door

living room [that's our real estate agent yvette on the couch on her cell]


more of living room space -

kitchen/ gas appliances

kitchen corner- neat.

hallway to guest rooms


the office/den- extra guest room

guest bathroom

guest bedroom

master bed room


master bathroom inside master bedroom

walk in closet, looked kind of tiny for the amount we own.

outside concrete slab patio, porch view


laundry room, separate from garage

garage



(the end)

No comments: