Saturday, June 14, 2008

one of my most cherished mementos.

here is an example of something my brother did when we were in highschool, prob in his class. he used to always doodle and it was something i found years ago left in my parents home when he moved out, so i made sure to take it with me and its always been in my sentimental collection of those days. i always loved my brother's creative doodlings and especially how he linked it to cool music that we were both into. allister and i were really close in highschool and were very much into the same style, music and film. this is one wonderful example of our connection.

i've always looked up to allister, wanted to be more like him, admired his artistic and creative ways and was inspired by him. he lives in san francisco and right now he is in tokyo, japan for the very first time on vacation and i envy him that. what a cool place to be esp anyone inspired by japanese art, culture, and style. he is a graphic artist by the way and a gifted photographer :)

here is a sample of his work which ironically relates to that song 100 years by the cure that makes me so emotional - this is very sentimental and i share it because it is one of my most treasured and cherished mementos. he'd probably be embarrassed if i were writing so much hype on this and his artistic talents and sharing this because he is modest. and i don't even know if he knows i kept this piece of his and have always loved it.

here it is- i know he is my brother but i still think it is way cool and shows just how artistic/creative my brother is. i'd love to be more like him! :)



ps sorry it is yellowed because it has aged. this must be from back in 1988 or 1989. i tried to preserve it best as i could and its in a sheet protector right now. i love stuff like this. my memories are everything to me and yes, i am extremely sentimental so excuse me for being so mushy :))))

No comments: