Monday, June 30, 2008

catching up + the possibility of siesta key?!

i do have more to share, latest inspiring films, upcoming wedding stuff, seeing my family yesterday and upcoming 4th of july with jimmy's family this coming weekend and researching beaches out of area for jimmy's july break.

he gets another week of vacation in mid july and we may got to either siesta key in sarasota or caladesi island- both voted to be most beauitufl beaches with white sand and clean, good quality water in ocean by websites this year- we would stay for one or two nites at a hotel on beach.

we are leaning more towards siesta key only because caladesi island would be better as a day trip, not overnite trip as its a lot of walking involved and u must take a ferry to even get on the beach or island which only runs hourly and the beach also has certain public hrs open and there are no hotels in walking distance so caladesi is not as convenient as a beach where you can park your car on it or stay in a hotel in walking distance and so on. there are more restrictions.

whatever we decide, i'm sure that it will be good for us as we've never done anything like this in our relationship. it should be romantic and an experience to bring us closer as a couple. i know he is doing this because i had been asking for a romantic beach trip locally for the past year now.

i think he was reaching out when he said if i went with him to his family for the 4th of july holiday that he would take me to one of these beaches [which is not where we live exactly but not impossible to drive to from where we live and also are places weve never been to before and where no one knows us and would offer us a nice romantic time] so, when he offered this to me via email and made effort to search for places on these beaches with me last week - i felt he was making the effort to do something that he knows would make me very happy and show that he does love me. i think he is trying. i think we both are.

BTW, my matron of honor wrote me this email and a series of others this day- before she left for barbados around july 16th. she will return on july third but here was what she had written me that day.

we began discussing decor ideas for the wedding possibly asian / oriental influenced style but still uncertain and want to iron out the color combinations and such first.

we discussed extensively some ideas via email which is not included here but i will share here another day, another entry as a separate topic as its more involved and i dont want to get carried away.

anyway this is what she wrote to me:

Hey, lady. I am sorry I haven’t emailed you. I have been trying so hard to get everything ready for the trip. Finish up all my work stuff, train my “fill in”, clean the house, pack. Traveling can be stressful. I know it will be worth it when we get there. But, the set up is crazy.

Wow, Robert Smith still has some hair, huh? When I get back I definitely was thinking we could get together and try dresses on. I would love to get your opinion.

The wedding date is Nov 28th, right? I think my hairdresser is closed that day. L Is it at night?I didn’t put it on my work calendar, and I want to make sure Duncan is all prepped. And, now I guess, that I can find a hairdresser.

So, anyway, I know I suck. Don’t hate me for not contacting you. I keep meaning to, but you know how things get crazy and they can get away from you.

BTW, cute swimsuits. I just bought a suit at Target, basic black and I bought one of those little skirts you can swim in. Until I get lypo (only on the outer thigh are that you can’t really work out), I think I will have to wear the little skirt. Well I have to go now. Again, I am so sorry this has to be so quick.Hugs!!!!!!! - Jenni