Thursday, July 31, 2008

the happy outcome :)

citrus park mall: wedding band shopping and our exhaustive search for our rings.

the happy outcome :)

his n' hers

HIS



MINE


1/4ct TW Diamond Milgrain Ring

The wedding band shopping was a little stressful and exhausting because we went to 5 stores and spent hours looking and trying on, asking questions and deciding what style we liked that flattered, was unique and we could envision wearing forever. We looked at Helzberg Diamonds, Gordon's, Kay's, Littman's and Jared's.

I think both of us wanted to absolutely love what the wedding bands we chose and for it to represent our personalities individually but most of all we wanted to be sure it was a ring and style we'd love to wear forever. That made the choosing process a little harder because neither Jimmy nor I wanted to make a hasty decision or regret the style we choose.

We both wanted something in white gold and something that was a bit unique but not tacky or bold. I wanted diamonds in my wedding band because I did not get a big diamond engagement ring and mine only cost 220 dollars [the engagement ring is antique / got from used estate jewelry in a jeweler store]

So, basically, Jimmy told me way back when he got the engagement ring that he would spend a little more on a wedding band since he didn't really spend much on my engagement ring and it was really inexpensive.

In looking for the perfect ring/wedding band...my other problem is that my fingers are children's size and I can't even wear the standard size that an average woman wears [generally five is the smallest] so I needed to find something that can be cut down in size without disturbing the design that would look right on petite dainty tiny fingers LOL that made it kind of harder since it limits me and I wear a size 3 and a half on my wedding ring finger currently [my engagement ring was a size 4 but had to be cut down becos that was also too big]

Anyway we ended up going with the place I actually found online a few days ago and suggested to Jimmy and it was the first place we looked at and loved the most in terms of choice to look at [a lot to choose from], reasonable pricing and financing, and good customer service/reputable company.

It was great and exciting but by the end we began to get dizzy and every ring began to look the same and it made us doubt our choices for a minute. I was sweating at one point. Anyway, in the end, we felt the first place Helzberg was the one that felt right and like the best place so that is where we made our purchase. It was a very exciting and memorable day. :)

No comments: