Monday, July 7, 2008

sketcher's shoes in ivory w/ gold accent- for wedding?





we went to famous footwear this past weekend which had a sale, these are the shoes i picked up by sketchers that are ivory/ light creme colored with little subtle plaid design with gold but you can't see it very well in the pix but thought it would accent the wedding dress. they are athletic shoes so the bottom is rubber soles with traction but the top is stylish and pretty with two straps over the foot kind of like ballerina shoes but more sporty. jimmy thinks it would go okay with the dress. i am worried its not formal enough but they are very comfy and pretty. i wanted to see what you thought. they were 54 dollars which would be way cheaper than any bridal dressy or high heeled shoes.

by the way-i put on the dress to see how it would look but only took two pix with the edge of the dress hem next to the shoes. i would have to bring these shoes when i get the dress altered so they could accurately hem the length altho i wouldnt want them to show much if at all when hemmed but i'm not sure how much shoes should show.
This was Jenni's reply when I sent her the above description of shoe with pix of how it would look against my bridal gown. i was happy to get positive feedback altho im still worried it won't look perfect for a formal wedding. i'm sharing my reply back to jenni which explains all the reasons why i prefer a comfy shoe as opposed to break your heels/feet sexy unfunctionable, impractical pretty shoes.
For now, here's Jenni's reply to the sketcher's shoe pix:
He, he. I am all for it, because then I could look for a different type of shoe.
Do they make them in Lavender? They are actually cute. I think it is a cute idea.
Hey, I don’t have to wear “super heals” for the wedding. How tall are you without shoes?
I thought it was 4’11”, but you seemed taller than that when I saw you.
Oh, yeah. I am back from the trip. Do you want to try and get together on the 19th?

- Jenni

Hi Jenni- Im glad you like it. I actually worried all last nite and didn't sleep well, because I started second guessing myself. I think I will show it to you in person to see what you think when we get together and trust what you think as I'm sure you won't steer me wrong and have a good idea what would be acceptable in a wedding :) I do think they look prettier in person than in the photo.

I think my main worry overnite was the fact that it suddenly dawned on me that during the part where Jimmy will take my garter off and lift my wedding dress up for all to see before the garter toss, everyone will get a good look at my leg and my shoe style LOL I am worried it would look funny or tacky - like it wont be feminine or sexy - thats my main worry. and I dont want it to look tacky in the photographs that are professionally taken for our wedding either.

Honestly, What do you think?

Maybe if I looked in the mirror with the shoe on and sat on a chair, I could get an idea if it would be passable for that short ritual or not. I just dont want to look underdressed with shoes that dont look like they go with a formal wear dress.

On the otherhand, I am short but Jimmy is taller than me and I don't really care if I look short or not lol. I like being petite for the most part so that is not a big deal. to me, comfort and being able to walk without tripping and dance without foot pain is more important than sexy heels that kill your feet LOL i do not wear heels in my daily life at all, the only sort of heel i wear often is a flat platform style slide shoe that is very comfy and since its a platform- the heel is consistently raised the same level from heel to toes that way my arch of my foot doesn't ache/hurt or suffer LOL

I am feminine in my styles but could never fathom how anyone could endure high heels inc. my mom who always wears ones that look painful. I just never had the tolerance for the blisters, for my arch of my foot hurting within minutes of wearing any heels, or for my toes being enclosed and pinched. I have flat feet and they hurt more easily than other people. I also have narrow feet and cant wear any close toed shoes that are narrowly around my toes, Ive gotten ingrown toenails on my big toe in the past when it was too tight. I like sketchers because the though its close-toed, there is enough room for your toes and they aren't squished from a narrow tight shoe style. That is why I like sketchers. :)

As far as your shoes, maybe we could look at some shoestores when we get together and get an idea. I went to famous foot wear where they have a selection of sketchers shoes and several styles/colors. They didnt have lavender. only mostly black, creme/ivory, white, and other motifs. they had this cute one with eyelet embroidery that was creme with one elastic band around the top of your foot. I wanted to consider them, they were feminine cute and kind of oriental looking in a way but simple and it would have looked good with the gown. they had the same type of rubber sole/semi-sporty underneath but the top of the shoe was pretty and feminine. Maybe I can find a picture for you. I couldnt get it cos the size 6 was a little too big for me. I got a size six in the ones I bought but the style is more adjustable and fit my foot okay where the other ones were noticeable too big when I walked and were falling off or moving up at the back of my heel. Its a shame cos I think the eyelet ones were on sale for considerably less price- 49.99 dollars. Famous footwear is where I found these. Here's a picture of the one I mean: off famousfootwear.com

http://www.famousfootwear.com/product.asp?product_id=1013722&variant_id=61802

Skechers. Women's Leading Lady.Item No. 61802,61803On Sale! $49.99 (was $54.99)
If you didnt like those or couldnt find those, we could possibly look at a sketchers store that carries all sketchers and you would have a huge selection to choose from and would more than likely find something cute and stylish. You should prob choose the dress style before the shoe style though, right??

If you want to check out ideas, you could look at this website for sketchers which may just give u some ideas in your head to brainstorm over for the time being :)

Click here: SKECHERS Official Shoe Store - Best selling WOMEN'S shoes

Click here: SKECHERS Official Shoe Store - WOMEN'S Sneakers

Btw, originally my other idea was to just find a basic ballerina flat in creme or something to accent my wedding gown but couldn't find any. I was looking at macy's for brands like ralph lauren, guess, calvin klein , nine west, dkny, kenneth cole, steve madden- any decent designer brands that would be under 100 but the ballerina flat seems out of season or i couldnt find any- most are in black which prob wouldnt go with a wedding dress that is so formal. My other suggestion to you is you could prob do a ballerina flat style, something basic that matches the lavender/lilac colored dress [we can get ideas by glancing at my brides mag i have currently which has idea for colors to match lavender colored dresses which is the trend now. i think it depends what accent color you go with and how u tie in all your other accessories u are wearing with the dress.


Anyway, I figured you were back from your trip which is why I hadnt written u til now. I hope it was good, how was everything? You'll have to tell me more when we get together. Let me talk to Jimmy tonite about the 19th getting together to make sure its free and clear and I will write u back either this evening or tomorrow afternoon letting you know for certain so we can get the plans rolling :))

I hope you are well!!

Love,
April

ps I was just measured by the dr office for height but I have remained the same height since my 20's and its been on all my drivers license. people seemed to doubt me when I said I am five feet but it was confirmed I am five feet when the dr last week measured me in the dr's office on one of those weight scales and it said what Ive been saying all along- 5' 0 !! I used to be 4'11- but that was back in high school. I grew a little in my twenties I guess LOL :D

No comments: