Thursday, July 24, 2008

up-do ideas + wedding stressors. i will survive!

a few updo's i like- my main faves for myself are the first two.


the third one is the color hair i'd like to dye mine!

#1

Natural Updo

#2 Classic Wavy Updo



And then I wrote Matron of Honor the following below in reference to her email and other current events this week:

Hi,

After you left on Saturday, a few hours later we went to Michael's over here which had most of the same stuff and looked almost bigger than the aisle we were in for wedding stuff. He really liked all that stuff and definitely thought it was worth it. He said we'll go back there and get some stuff when he has money- I assume in the near future.

Jimmy wrote me this morning saying he got tix for his fave band of all time. The Smashing Pumpkins are coming to Ruth Eckerd Hall in August so we got tix to it :) I told him that was cool but hoped he had money for all the wedding stuff we still have to do since he's complained about not having enough money for that and for buying a home. and he had said he was trying NOT to buy anymore concert tix until after our wedding + honeymoon.

So I just sent an email to him hinting some of the main things we need to do/focus on, get accomplished. I don't mean to be nagging and wouldnt care about the concert so much if I saw him actually setting down goals to do the things we need done, most of which I cannot do alone since it involves both of us being at the appt and him paying for the things that my parents are not paying for financially.

We have several big things that are not even reserved yet or found and we are months behind in what would be expected at this point in any bridal/wedding magazine or website and it's anxiety provoking and overwhelming/stressful to me. Hopefully we tackle this stuff this wkend.

Well he just wrote me back and said he knew I was right and it was stressful to him but he knew I was right and we'd work on accomplishing what we can by the end of this weekend. He said he'd call me at 1pm and he called me 'sweet pea' which he never does so I guess he was trying to be reassuring and sweet to me to relieve my anxiety which was really nice. I'm glad he didn't take what I wrote the wrong way. I know in email it can come out sounding all wrong or critical!

We may have to go to the famous footwear in citrus park either tonite or tomorrow nite cos I exchanged my sketchers shoes for these comfy black leather Clarks shoes there and they didnt have my size so I ordered it before we went to Sarasota and its been in for about a week now!

Have u seen the Dark Knight or is that your type of film???? I sense it would be. Jimmy really wants to see it. I am not a batman fan at all to be honest and I recently saw that Batman Begins via netflix with Jimmy to see if maybe I'd like it prior to the release of dark knight hoping I might like it but the truth is that it was as boring as I remember when my dad watched it and I ended up leaving the room back then. This time around I was bored to tears and had to force myself to not fall asleep because I found it so boring and slow moving.

Christian Bale is one of those actors I just don't like for some reason. every film Ive seen him in, I was bored by the film and him and I don't get the attraction to him either but a lot of people seem to like him.

I guess Jimmy really wants to also see Heath Ledger's joker role but I am just not into the whole batman/superheroe story anyway and find it tacky. and Heath was an okay actor. I didnt love any of the films I saw him in, honestly .......although I'm sure he was a fine actor. The whole "dark knight" thing just seems overhyped to me, all becos of heath's death or accidental suicide. And really I could care less about the film or the joker, be it Heath or not.

Anyway, Jimmy has asked his friend Tony if he will go with him so he might see that soon this wk or wkend with him. Hopefully Tony will go with him as he always backs out on any plan Jimmy tries to make with him and is so flighty that I feel bad for Jimmy since he is his past childhood friend + they were roommates for yrs when they both first moved here from the midwest. I know it hurts him that T. doesnt place him as a top priority of his life and I keep telling him people change and grow apart esp when they marry and are thinking of having a family/kids. Anyway I opted to not go as I think I'd be bored having to sit thru the movie for 2 hrs and he prob needs some guy/buddy time. LOL But if T. flakes on him, I will be his movie partner as I feel bad and he doesnt like going to things alone. Poor guy :( So, I was just curious if you saw it yet as I imagine you might be a fan and thought I could pass on if you thought it was good or not, if you saw it, to Jimmy :)

Anyway, I hope you are well today.

Love,
Me

I wrote the following to Jimmy after he emailed me he excitedly got the almost last tix to smashing pumpkins at a fancy art/orchestra hall in clearwater before they sold out. I'd say it irritated me a bit but i tried my best to bite the tongue and be gracious. I wrote this below and his reply is as follows afterwards:

Jimmy,

That's cool sweetie :) I know how much you've wanted to see them in the past year or so, so I'm happy for you. I'm also really pleased its an indoor venue and a nice classy one at that which isn't too high up like the other stadium places [tool, the cure] that tend to make me sick/dizzy/claustrophobic and panicked. I'm glad it will be a pleasant experience since that is a really nice and relaxing venue. I don't really want a repeat of the cure concert as that was distressful for me. Anyway, hopefully it was not too expensive because we still need to get a lot of things for our wedding and honeymoon including wedding bands and such which we need to begin looking around for soon.

Here are the things most on my mind that overwhelm and I feel need to be attempted and completed for our wedding to be a successful event and for us to be right on track...I will map it out below..

Right now we are way behind schedule by a few mos. We need to get most of the things I am listing within the next few wks, seriously, we are way behind by any book, website or person on wedding planning and the timeline. We have to get back on track and get these things done below and I am not saying all of it in here because there is more we should be doing than this and its too overwhelming to focus on it all for me right now plus the ones I mention here are the ones I am most worried over and until I get those done, I cannot focus on all the other details we have overlooked that need to be done for our wedding in the next two or so months.

We need to get a timeline and goal list down this week and tackle half or more of the things by this weekend. Please read carefully and take mental notes as it's very important to me and I want an organized classy wedding. Call me or write today when you have time. If you don't have time, lunchtime would be a good time to call me for a few minutes as I am sure you have an hour break and enough time to make a call to me. I'd feel less stressed if we could tackle all of these head on or at least part of them. Please help me with these as I feel a lot of these are things we need to be doing together on both of our time together. Thanks for listening ahead of time and I appreciate your patience on this matter :)

+++

I'd like to find out about making an appt with the photographer/dj this week [can you call?], and during the weekend can we start looking at jeweler's or finer stores for wedding bands so we can get an idea what we want and what it will cost?

I'd also like to get our wedding invitation order in by this wkend as I really wanted it done by last wkend.

The other thing is we should set up an appt with Stephanie, the Sandals travel agent, so we can get an idea and have a plan as I was excited to hear from her about all the pkg deals and all. Here is her number if you need it so we can call for an appt. ***-***-****.

We also need to do research on what I need to do in terms of getting a passport and what we need to get the marriage license prior to the wedding and how far before the wedding its required to apply for it. Just some things on my mind.

We also need to call Alessi Bakery soon to talk with the person head of cakes and sit down with them to sort out and place our order with them. At this point, we should have already made an appt, talked to someone and reserved our date with them. I think in the past I did this six mos prior to the wedding so we are very behind in many things as it's almost August - and getting b/t the 3 and 4 month mark. Most things should be finalized or reserved at this point.

Anyway- I'll let you go for now so not to overwhelm. Sorry to bombard you with ideas/things we need to do but if I don't say it or put it in writing in goal form- it will not get done and its stressful that there are so many loose strings that still need to be taken care of for the wedding and we are behind what would be the projected date for some of these things. Setting goals and writing it out to you is the best way to organize what needs to be done and best way to tackle it, so it can be accomplished.

I haven't heard from Matron in regard to the florist. Maybe we should investigate the Publix florist ourselves. We have to go to Citrus Park to pick up my shoes- we could stop over there prior to see if there is someone we could talk to , to get info on if they do wedding flowers and set up an appt if they do??? When do you want to go to Citrus Pk to get my shoes? You said we'd get them earlier in the week and the guy said he'd only hold them until Thursday which is tomorrow! Let me know what u want to do today-- as I would need to be ready to go to the mall by the time you get home if we are going to do that today and need some advance to organize myself etc!! Call me or write back to this!!

Again, I'm glad that you got tix to see the band u love more than anything in the world. I just hope they sound better than their last album as I wasn't very impressed and its a bit dated to their 90's sound!

Btw the band I'd really love to see is the Kills, as I like to see new bands from time to time that are up and coming and unique to the scene. Can you keep an eye out for any shows coming to the US or here and check on the sites you tend to look for tours on to see when or if they are coming here as Id like for us to get tix for them depending IF its at a decent venue of course. For more info and to see their artistic page, here's their website link:

http://www.thekills.tv/

Well,call me when you can, today. You could email me to give me an idea of when u might be able to call or recommend a time I can call, possibly around lunch time which I imagine should be very soon- let me know!

Love,
Me

HIS REPLY

Hi sweet pea,

I skimmed over your message and agree on pretty much everything you said. I'm a little stressed with all of the things that we need to do, but we definitely need to do whatever is possible by the end of the weekend. If I have time later this afternoon, I'll call the photographer and Stephanie about the Sandals thing.

I can't write much more now as things are a little hectic over here, but I wanted to tell you that I'll call when I leave for lunch (around 1pm). Talk to you soon...

Love,

Jimmy

MY REPLY

Hey sweetie, that's cool- I know you are busy and my email covers a lot that would stress anyone out. Thank you for your patient and graceful reply. I'm not trying to cause more stress or nag you about all these things but if someone doesn't say something they won't happen and at a certain point it will be too late, the wedding will fall apart or flop without structure and plans/goals accomplished. I just want it to go smoothly and it will only get more stressful if we don't confront what needs to be done now. Its true when they say avoiding things only makes it all the more worse. I just want things to be without too much complication and stress and although it may seem stressful, now, in the long run you will thank me as it will cause less pain/worry/anxiety/stress for our actual wedding day and honeymoon week. You will want that. I'll talk to you around one pm, don't forget to call!!
Love you, Me