Monday, July 21, 2008

back after a week of vacation- catching up!!

We were on vacation last week and in and out of town so much that I wasn't online in any capacity during the week and weekend which is why I have not updated until today.

I hope to catch up shortly as I get resettled back into life and our normal everyday routine. I plan to share pix from our recent trip/outings in Sarasota and on Lido Beach and Siesta Key Beach- but need to upload still and have been so exhausted since our tiny trip. It was fun and good for us as a whole.

I will write of this another time and share the photos soon! also over the weekend, i met up with Jenni, who will be my matron of honor in my wedding. We have chosen the bridesmaid dress and had an appt at david's bridal she will be getting the version of dress in Victorian Lilac but for now here is a pic of how it will look off the website online.



Style 8567
Shown in Victorian Lilac

Jenni ordered the above dress for my wedding at the store. it cost 155.00 and she got a 20 discount since i had bought my wedding gown there. our other bridesmaid Shannon [wife of jimmy's brother] called me after that afternoon and i shared with her the dress choice and style number. she plans to get hers this week and send jenni and i an email when that occurs and of her current hairstyle since she cut it recently to below her shoulders and we need to start considering hairstyles for the wedding.

I know I will do an updo and jenni is considering the same but both of us have long hair, longer than shannon's so it may depend on her style- what jenni can do since they sorta have to match!

We also spent some time looking at michael's arts and crafts. jimmy and i later went back there alone together and got some ideas for saving money on wedding party favors decorations etc. will talk more on that when i have more available time to write, later!

I also had two dr appts in the span of the past week. With so much running around and being on vacation, I've hardly had the time to write.

I have also been absorbed by this latest court tv case which has live trial coverage for six hrs daily and started a wk ago and is nearly done. its even more fascinating since its near the area ive shopped in, and where my friend Jenni lives- Citrus Park, outside of Tampa or at the outskirts of Tampa.

The crime actually occurred in logan gate park which ive never seen personally but the court trying it is in tampa and the boy charged with murder near us. he is 21 or 22 now but was 19 when crime was committed. his name is Joshua Rosa- accused of killing 13 yr old Stephen Tomlinson whom he was friends/neighbors with and his youth church minister leader of this Pentecostal church called zion. A lot of the clues seem to paint him to be guilty, like having white church gloves in his pocket with blood on it, a flashlight seen running from the park, and nailclippers in his pocket to name a few. Plus his keys were found b/t victim's legs.

The victim died of strangulation and contusions to neck, also his shorts were pulled all the way down to his ankle. The defense of Joshua Rosa is that he had found the body and was trying to help. I think it's way beyond coicidence and sure is super suspicious. Both Jimmy and I think he is guilty and he has been watching the trial with me.

You can find out more on that case at www.cnn.com/crime

The verdict may be released any day now-- maybe even today. I am behind and must catch up on my dvd - r recordings of today's live trial. I just haven't had time as I am trying to get back into the swing of things and spent most of today readjusting back to my routine prior to vacation and also catching up here.

Btw, somewhat off topic but prompted by so much media and hype online about summer blockbusters....

My fiance really wants to see the dark knight and like most is intrigued by Heath's role. I could care less. I know it's not hip, but the overhype of it all, turns me off and I have little interest because of that.

Second, I just don't get Christian Bale as an actor and find him boring!! We rented the first Batman film last month since I had never seen it but my fiance had and loved it..I was hoping I might like it. But truthfully, I did not. I was bored to death and couldnt wait for it to end. lol. I know its not popular but im generally not a fan of superheroe type movies esp ones of this caliber or of the mainstream! It's just not my cup of tea!

I have suggested he ask his best friend to go with him the coming weekend or so and they talked and said they'd like to do that as his bestfriend Tony's wife has no interest in seeing that movie either so I guess I am not the only woman haha!

Jimmy returned to work today as his vacation came to an end yesterday. I have to cut out for now but will continue updating tomorrow and work on uploading all our new pix from our trip in sarasota recently and from recent house hunting this weekend.

More soon, I promise!!! :D

No comments: