Tuesday, October 21, 2008

my little lambie + vintage glam.

Earlier in the past week, Jimmy and I took a trip to bath and body works for some fall specials and because shopping there is one of our favorite things to do several times a year. we both love scents and body products. and I got him hooked on their products sometime last year. haha. We also took a trip there to check out possible wedding party gifts for our bridesmaids since the wedding is fast approaching and we have not fulfilled that part of our wedding to do list!

This is just a short introduction to what is a cute picture entry that illustrates our trip there and what we got. I added commentary to each picture underneath. We had much fun.

I also found the most fabulous necklace prior to this at macy's during the same evening and was so thrilled as I've been looking for the perfect vintage necklace made with good quality for over a year now.

See pix below :)


Bath and Body Works shopping




Autumn Ad Campaign for new aromatherapy Black Chamomile Line by Bath & Body Works



Lambie!








I got this lamb free with fifteen dollar purchase, its so soft and fleece like. jimmy got two free for spending double. one is his, and the other we got for alexcia [its white with brown ears]














Above is a photo of my Lambie, its grey [with black] it reminded me of noelle [my cat] a bit so that's why i thought it was the most adorable in color! ive been sleeping with it everynite, it has helped me the last three nites sleep right away and soundly. its prob not just the lamb that helped me sleep, its prob because we have been doing so much and i have been up late so its easy to fall asleep but i think the comfort of holding something fuzzy psychologically helps relax me so its helping tho i dont expect it to last.


Below is jimmy's lambie which is black and would barely photograph in this picture and the one that is white is the one we will give alexcia next time we see her to surprise her and make her happy!













^ above: we got these two small oriental style bags, which have a mini set of stress relief aromatherapy in it. it is some of their best stuff at bath and body works. it will be part of the bridesmaids gift [we will probably get a nice scented candle for each of them in addition at bath and body works next time we shop or a gift from sephora]






we got these two candles for autumn- the matching bath and body scent to my lotion-the pink one is their fig and brown sugar scent, its warm pretty but not too overpowering. sweet. the second is their aromatherapy candle in stress relief [eucalyptus] which ive bought several times and is a classic scent. we used it the nite we got it but my allergies were bothering me so it was only lit for a few hrs, i could barely handle even an hr. it was a little overpowering and bothered my nose/chest a bit.



the main bath and body works products we bought for shower/body:




with the purchases i bought, i had a coupon for one free item up to 13 dollars, so i got this below, its aromatherapy roll on for wrist to encourage sleep and relaxation- with lavender like all the other products by them in that line that i have at home already. havent tried it yet. i have tried something like this by them yrs ago. the idea is interesting but it has yet to really work. i think my inability to sleep is tied to being overstimulated and contending with feelings of mania. so aside from high powered psychiatric drugs, not much is going to be effective for me!!






^above is a new sugar scrub in lavender chamomile that i got to try, its in bath and body works aromatherapy line. in general, i've heard sugar scrubs or brown sugar scrubs make the skin super soft [hopefully i dont have an allergic reaction though since a lot of things make me itchy] and it seems to be the trend in a lot of high designer brands at sephora and all fashion magazines.



the free purchase i chose. from aromatherapy sleep line.

and, jimmy got the black chamomile body wash pictured in first pic with bath and body products summary of what we bought there. jimmy's new body wash is their newest scent this autumn and is supposedly a limited edition scent. it is unisex [i almost bought it cos the lady put the scented lotion of this on both our hands and i kept smelling it and thinking it smelled really good. maybe i might try some of his shower wash of this one of these days. the scent is black chamomile and supposed to detoxify the body or something.

+++


Vintage necklace by Betsey Johnson, found at Macy's


Since all my designer necklaces have broken in the past year I really am always looking for an antique retro glamorous type style [like 50's glam] necklace that can go with everything. i particularly like silver or tarnished silver antique styles with rhinestone or onyx stones..so i was thrilled when I found this one below which is one of the most unique/artsy designers in fashion and since Ive never been able to buy anything by her, I had to get this. It was 40 dollars but one time when allister and i looked at international mall in her boutique, just her clothes alone were hundreds of dollars a piece. she is an expensive fashion designer that specializes in the retro glam look, probably inspired by the 50's - vintage looks.








it's like a clear pendant with rhinestones all over it with a star shaped pendant above that is covered in tiny rhinestones, its got a double strand style necklace so the star hangs on a separate strand above larger tear shaped pendant, and it hangs long, to about the opening of a v-neck shirt. i took a few pix during wkend of me wearing it, so u might get an idea from those and will post them another time :)


below are pix i took of the necklace on the gift box that macy's gave with the necklace:































Excuse me for multiple pix of necklace. but because of how the stones refract light, i had a hard time capturing it on film. i did use macro and it was night time so i don't know if those were factors going against me. this was the best i could do!


I posted several views of necklace as many were different views and i am a bit neurotic. Haha.


I was obsessed with capturing necklace in clarity. I am satisfied with the fact that I did the best I could :)

No comments: