Saturday, October 4, 2008

somewhere in the middle b/t liberal + conservative.

I felt Palin was unprofessional in a number of ways.

I didn't mention it, as I had so much to critique in my analysis of Palin at the debate and kind of wrote off the top of my head only hrs after watching that debate...but Ive thought of adding it. Her "shout out" and nicknames were incredibly annoying. they keep calling her 'folksy' as if this is the great appeal of her. I don't get it. We're not electing a PTA member, this is a high position in Govt. I could go on and on but Im sure you got the same vibes about her that I did.

I admit I am not a political junkie but my fiance is, and so Ive gotten more into watching CNN/MSNBC in the last several mos and am more up on everything since I spend hrs everyday watching the latest. But still, Im one of those people/women who doesn't understand everything involved in politics, esp finances/economy/wall street etc. although i get that it is bad and the country is in trouble. but aside from that, it goes over my head, its too intricate for me LOL i'm smart but not at that stuff.

Normally I don't advertise my political views in my journal because people are so sensitive and easily offended, quick to become defensive and judge a book by its cover.

There are 2 topics I don't like to go into much, politics + religion. it always causes unnecessary fights and i can't stand arguing with someone especially with someone I hardly know and it is such a huge waste of energy and not what I'm about.

I've got very mixed feelings on these two controversial topics. Really, I am a mixture of things. I get confused by all these labels- conservative, moderate, and liberal and truthfully I'm not sure what the real definitions are when it comes to politics or how to define myself because I believe in morals and values but I am also not a religious fanatic.

I believe in pro choice but I'd never get an abortion unless raped.

I am anti-guns, anti-illegal drugs, and I believe in health care for everyone.

[note: I am on mental disability and i struggle becos the health system is fked, i live in FL, and i cant get the help i need even though I am on SSI and medicaid. I can't get the psychiatrist I need because 'disability' isn't working the way it should. It upsets and angers me, because I am really struggling mentally]

I am against a lot of things- war, violence, killing, violation- most of that comes from being a victim of past abuse so i feel intense about this stuff.

I am for gays right to marry- my brother is gay and I am proud of him and the courage it takes to be 'out' in this country and bravery!

I guess what i am trying to say is I may be defined as a liberal because I am a Democrat but I have strong beliefs and some of those beliefs may be between liberal and conservative- maybe that is what you would call a moderate? I'm not sure really.

All i'm saying is that with politics and beliefs, for me its not all black and white. I don't agree with every aspect of every thing and that is probably why i don't get too deeply into politics. It is too frustrating + triggering [I get easily worked up because I am a passionate soul]!!!!!