Tuesday, September 9, 2008

turning japanese.

By the way, I took some pix of the cool gifts my brother got us from Japan late last nite so I could share them here.

Hello Kitty tin can with delicious thin cookies that remind me of fortune cookies with light vanilla creme inside- both jimmy and I gobbled these up and finished them right away. they were unique, nothing like anything we'd ever had before!!














cool authentic bamboo artistic bookmark allister got for me!



below i included the very cute hello kitty pen allister got me along with the other stuff!!



hello kitty pen + bamboo bookmark again:



here's a close up of that pen!






My absolute favorite of the gifts Allister got me was this adorable sweet kitty cat statue/sculpture which he said in a note posted on it that he thought of Noelle and me when he saw it and got it with her in mind. this statue does remind me of my sweet kitty Noelle very much, even the way the statue's expression looks so content. I put this next to the other cute kitty knick knack that Jimmy got for me on an out of town trip that was also bought because it reminded him of noelle and me :) So here are some pix I took of the kitty, and then a few afterwards with both kitties next to each other. the one round and chubby is the one Jimmy got me and the one with eyes closed and tall/thin looks like its stretching was the one from Japan from Allister!!















[allister's noelle kitty is the one in front]

And, below are some adorable, amusing and cute gifts Allister got for Jimmy. We both really liked his choice and taste and I think Allister was right-on in his choices/ and assessment of picking gifts to go with Jimmy's personality :)


the scroll above and below some of the turtle charm which is located inside above scroll.












I found it amusing he chose this blessing scroll with charm from shrine, with a turtle charm since I am always referring to Jimmy as my turtle and like things with turtles on it- have a few things with turtles etc!

sorry if turtle is a bit blurry. i used macro and tried to avoid flash as to avoid glare but metal glares no matter what i do.

And, we both love this very amusing, hilarious and artistic/cutesy sumo wrestler guy statue which weve placed on top of our dvd tower thing, always good for a laugh and its always in the corner of my eye-view and makes me want to giggle!!






-the end



p.s it's going to be a busy week for us this week. our schedule is something like this:

wed- going to tia's for fajitas with coupon, buy one get one free coupon and planning to get passport photo done at walgreens or cvs. reality tv nite with project runway, top design, millionaire or million dollar listing!

thurs- relax at home

fri- jimmy's childhood/hschl/college friend from chicago is coming into town since his parents live here. he's friend is half japanese and is named ken. lives in chi and we see him every yr he comes down and stayed with him in his condo in 2007 when we were in chicago. we are getting together with him and prob going out to a club or bar for music and drinks. i expect to be exhausted that nite with socializing and for it to be a late drunken nite so i must preserve all my energy.

sat- morning- alessi bakery appt for wedding cake

sun. afternoon- appt with florist for finalization of contract, downpayment, final choices etc.

that's all i can think of right now!

No comments: